Slow Down

Thursday, May 14, 2015

We all need to slow down, sometimes...


I am having an incredibly busy week, and it seems like everything is going at top speed right now! 

I knew from the beginning that this week would be crazy, but no matter how much you try, you can never fully prepare yourself for the insanity that is a full week of theater rehearsals and shows plus a dance recital.

Physical (and mental) stress like this is not kind on my body. The more exhausted I get, the more my various health issues start to kick in. It's always a bit of a toss-up on how well I'll hold up during show week, and I was a little bit nervous about this year, but I've actually done alright so far.

We've been having some really beautiful weather (think lots and lots of rain!), and a few days ago, my little sister and I decided to take advantage of it, so we did what everyone does (right?) and decided to take a bunch of pictures.


I've never really taken many pictures in the rain before, so it was a learning experience for me.


Only a few of the pictures turned out very well, but it was really nice to just take a deep breath and enjoy being outside.


Our society does not value stillness.




We have gotten so concerned with always being productive that we've forgotten the beautiful art of just being



Today, I challenge you to take a few moments out of your day to just enjoy life. Look out your window for a few minutes. Read a chapter of a book. 

I know it's difficult to slow down, especially if you're like me and feel guilt over not "getting stuff stuff done." But what is life if it's not being lived?

...

How do you like to slow down? Let us know in the comment section below, over at the Facebook page, or you can email me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com.

...

101 Things: Counting Down

I'm working on writing letters (#10) right now, and also getting more cranes done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments