Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

There are 26 letters in the English alphabet. Put together, these make up the 1,000,000+ words in the English language, which can be combined in an almost infinite number of possibilities to create books, magazines, billboards, blog posts... And yet it seems there are simply not enough words to express what I would like about the amazing woman I have been blessed with the privilege of calling Mommy.


I have never been a mom, and I am not entirely sure I ever will be, but I can still say with certainty that being a mom is one of the hardest, most important jobs there is. I don't care what "kind" of mom you are- whether you stay at home or have an office job, whether you have one kid or seven- you have a very difficult position to fill.

There is so much pressure to be the perfect mom. It seems you're expected to have it all together. With a house that looks like it popped right off of someone's Pinterest board, a body that shows no signs of childbearing, and a kitchen that always smells of something good.

But the reality is... real-life usually doesn't look that way. Real-life is messy. It's exhausting. It's difficult. And it doesn't always turn out the way we hoped it would be

And that's discouraging.

So to all of the mothers out there today, I just want to say... 

Thank you.

Thank you for the many, many things you do that make the world a better place. We don't always tell you how much we appreciate you, but we really, really do. We could not survive without you.

...

I have been blessed with an incredible mother to celebrate with.

My mom is amazing, and I cannot even imagine what my life would be like without her. I am so thankful for all of the help and support she has given me over the years, and everything that she has done and continues to do for our family.

She has sacrificed so much for us, and I know that she could never get all of the thanks she deserves. She has been there through every dance recital and theater practice. During every doctor's visit and ER trip. Through grief and tragedy, laughter and joy...

And I know that she's not perfect. I know that she sometimes gets discouraged. I know there are times when she wishes she could have done something more.

But Mommy... It's okay. We know how much you love us. And I hope this helps you remember- today and every day- that no matter what happens...

You are loved, too.




...

Share this with the Moms in your life!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments