How the Years Do Fly...

Friday, May 29, 2015

The past few weeks/months have been very busy for me. I was in a performance of The Wizard of Oz (three shows total!), and had my spring dance recital the same weekend.

The build-up for both of those was long, strenuous, and very time-consuming. Being the introvert I am, I needed a lot more alone-time than I was getting, and as a result, almost every other area of my life was put on hold until I could finally think again.

During all of the craziness, one day in particular quietly slipped away, hardly catching my attention.

On April 17th, 2015, Walk in the Rain With Me had its 2nd birthday...


It's hard to believe that it's really been two years since I first started writing on my little blog. It's hard to believe that tiny project has become what it is.

 That very first blog post... so very long ago. Before I used my own photos as headers. Before I spent any time on formatting. Before I knew what 31 Days was.

 Now, two years and 8,000 views later, it's incredible how much has changed in such a relatively short time.

My writing style has definitely shifted since I first started blogging. I've developed a fairly consistent writing voice that is genuine, and true to who I am

My subject matter has also changed since those early blog posts. It took me a while to really find my place and figure out what to write about, and part of that has definitely bloomed from my struggles with chronic illness.

As I've changed and grown, so has my blog

Through all of my struggles and victories, the pain and joy, this blog has been my outlet. It has been a platform through which I have touched several lives- including my own- and I am so thankful I mustered the courage to create this little website two years ago.

 I am beginning to enter a new stage of my life. Next year is my senior year of high-school, and already things are changing. I have to start applying for colleges soon, and I'm doing a lot of thinking and praying about where I'm supposed to go these next few steps. My summer already promises to keep me quite busy, and fall doesn't seem like it will offer much relief.

I don't know yet what this will mean for Walk in the Rain With Me. I'm not sure how much opportunity I'll have to write here, nor do I want to make promises I can't keep. I have no idea what the next year has in store for me, but I do know this- I want to continue growing my gift with the written word. I will keep writing, whether that means blogging here, working on the novel I have in progress, or just jotting things down in my private journal.

This blog will always hold a special place in my heart as the first time I put myself and my writing in a public format. It has helped me grow as a writer and a person, and I do not know if it still has room for me.

But no matter what happens, it will be here- ready and waiting- for anyone who wants to enjoy it. Myself included.

...


How has your life changed over the past two years? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or you can email me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com!

...

101 Things: Counting Down

I got behind on my Bucket List, and I am now working to get back on track. I've checked several more things off of my list this month, and I'm updating the list to show my progress. Be sure to check that out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments