101 Things in 2015

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

I've been thinking a lot about my Bucket List, and decided to make it official.


A few weeks ago, I shared the Top Ten Things on My Bucket List. Prior to writing that down, I hadn't put much thought into a bucket list. I kept saying there were things I'd like to do someday, but I guess it was just never a top priority. However, after I really set down those ten things, I started thinking about what would actually be on my bucket list if I had one

I didn't like the idea of an unachievable bucket list, or one that seemed too unpractical. But I recently found a list of 300 things to do in your life, and decided to take that and make it my own. Some of the items on that list I had absolutely no desire to ever do, and there were a few things I wanted to do that weren't listed.

I went through their list, and created one of my own. And from that, I picked out what I wanted to do over the next year.

And now I'm sharing it with you. So here you go... In no particular order,

101 Things In 2015!

  1. Participate in Free Hugs
  2. Watch a sunrise and sunset in the same day
  3. Sew something wearable
  4. Share your wisdom with someone
  5. Learn and perform a magic trick
  6. Bake cookies for your neighbors, co-workers, etc
  7. Shoot a gun
  8. Give up meat for a week
  9. Write letters to 5 people who positively influenced you
  10. Participate in NaNoWriMo
  11. Take a bubble bath by candlelight
  12. Identify 10 constellations
  13. Send postcards from your home city
  14. Play chess
  15. Read The Bible from cover to cover
  16. Make and bury a time capsule
  17. Take a jumping photo
  18. Write your will
  19. Plan your own funeral
  20. Host a scavenger hunt
  21. Learn to say hello in 26 languages
  22. Dress up fancy and go somewhere mundane
  23. Make dinner from scratch
  24. Send a care package
  25. Thank a veteran
  26. Send a message in a bottle
  27. Plant a tree
  28. Plant a garden
  29. Attach notes to balloons and release them
  30. Cut your hair really short
  31. Release sky lanterns
  32. Play the harmonica
  33. Take a day trip someplace new
  34. Learn to make a good mixed drink
  35. Write a letter to an editor
  36. Research your family tree
  37. Sew a memory quilt
  38. Write down your dreams for at least one week
  39. Leave an inspirational message on a sticky note in a bathroom or public place
  40. Complete a crossword puzzle without cheating
  41. Listen to classical, new age, jazz and world music for one hour each or longer
  42. Send someone flowers, just because
  43. Make something out of duct tape
  44. Picnic in the park
  45. Do something that completely terrifies you
  46. Listen to a radio station you don't normally listen to for a day
  47. Quit a bad habit in 21 days
  48. Memorize "Who's on First"
  49. Tie a tie
  50. Star gaze
  51. Hand write letters to your friends and mail them
  52. Take a great picture, print it, frame it and hang it on the wall
  53. Wear a crazy hat out in public
  54. Completely plan your dream home down to the fine details
  55. Write a note and leave it in a library book
  56. Make a giant rubber band ball
  57. Have the restaurant staff sing to you for your birthday
  58. Learn 5 or more yoga poses
  59. Compost
  60. Start a scrapbook with mementos and souvenirs
  61. Write a list of everything you're grateful for
  62. Imagine you won $5 million, and plan what you would spend it on down to the penny
  63. Do the Clean Sweep test and try to improve your score
  64. Do a 365 day photo project
  65. Make 1,000 origami cranes
  66. Wake up 30 minutes earlier than usual for a week
  67. Ask an elderly person to tell you a story
  68. Go on a bike ride
  69. Play Rock Band, Guitar Hero or Band Hero
  70. Enter a writing contest
  71. Drink only water for a week
  72. Find the coolest thing in your city and photograph it
  73. Take a photo from a skyscraper or tallest building you can find
  74. Write a letter for future generations to read
  75. Write a letter to yourself to open in 10 years
  76. Think of something you are grateful for every morning when you wake up for at least a week
  77. Make a dream board
  78. Take a morning jog
  79. Create an alter-ego
  80. Make a blessings jar
  81. Go mirrorless for a day
  82. Write to your hero
  83. Do bookcrossing
  84. Start a gratitude journal
  85. Write down your regrets then burn them
  86. Give up TV for a week
  87. Write your personal manifesto
  88. Delete your social media profiles for at least a week
  89. Go on evening walks every night for a week
  90. Get a facial
  91. Memorize a great joke
  92. Write thank you notes
  93. Have a photoshoot with someone outside of your family
  94. Compliment 20+ people in one day
  95. Read 100 of the greatest books ever written 
  96. Complete a novel
  97. Start a Youtube channel
  98. Drive a car
  99. Do a Random Acts of Kindness challenge
  100. Sleep under the stars
  101. Spend the day blind 
[Last Updated: 6-17-2015]

...
So... what's on your bucket list? Leave your response in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or email it to anastasiarosewrites@gmail.com.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I always enjoy your posts. If you accomplish all of these things in your lifetime you will be way ahead a lot of folks! I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome list of things to do in 2015!! I have a "Bucket List" - but at 63 I prefer to call it my "Things I Want to Do" list instead of "kick the bucket" list!! I haven't counted them - but have them typed up and thought I'd post it on my blog sometime! I've crossed off the ones already done; and want to also do a scrapbook with pictures of those already done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list! I gleaned some good ideas as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the impressive list for one year! I hope you'll keep us posted on your accomplishments :).

    ReplyDelete