Soundtrack of My Life

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Music has (and always will be) a huge part of my life.




As a dancer, music is obviously a very integral piece of my life. Dance is, in essence, using music (and sometimes even creating it!) to express an emotion. Expressing emotion doesn't come easily to me in most areas of life, and that's definitely the aspect of dance that I struggle with, but even if my emotions are not always apparent on the outside, they're very real for me.

There are a few songs in particular that seem as if they were written with my name on them. Songs that express perfectly the things I've experienced and what I think about them

Today, I decided to start sharing those with you- one post at a time- for the next several weeks. (Or until I decide I'm done.)



Soundtrack of My Life

1. I Lived, by OneRepublic.


This is basically my anthem for 2015, and in a lot of ways, for life in general. It has always been important to me that I live a life worth the time and effort, and since being diagnosed with a chronic illness, it's become just that much more relevant. 

Being sick has caused me to value life even more than I ever had before. Lots of people get to be about 40 years old and realize that they had never appreciated life as much as they should have, but I don't ever want to get there. I want to value every moment of this beautiful existence. I want to be able to look back, no matter how old I am, and realize...

I lived.

...

What's your anthem for 2015, and why? Let us know in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or email it to me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com!

...

101 Things: Counting Down

 I've checked off #57- Have the restaurant staff sing to you for your birthday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments