Stop and Smell the Flowers

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Today, I took the camera outside and enjoyed the gorgeous weather we're having.





I've been working on my year-long photo project for my Bucket List. I must admit, I've been doing a pretty terrible job. Instead of having 90-something pictures in my album, I've only got 12.

But you know what?

That's alright.

Because this project was never about perfection- it's about attempting new things. It's about braving new horizons, and discovering joy in small places.

In fact, while I was taking a few pictures for my April 2nd photo prompt, something occurred to me

The prompt for today was "In my hand." I had seen several dandelions in our yard yesterday, and thought they would make for a really pretty picture, so I took myself and my camera out front for a few minutes after lunch.

The weather was absolutely beautiful- slightly cloudy, a soft breeze... It's exactly the kind of weather one might picture as being an ideal spring day. (Technically we're still in winter, but that's just a technicality.)




I am normally quite strongly against being outside during spring or summer. I hate bugs, I hate heat, and I hate bright sunlight, all of which seem to be almost synonymous with spring and summer.




But as I allowed myself to simply enjoy the quiet, blissful outdoors, I was reminded of the fact that there is definite beauty to be found despite all of the negative aspects. 





If we allow ourselves to be chased away by the less beautiful parts of life, we miss out on those fleeting moments of joy. When the soft clover is beneath your feet, the cool breeze on your face, and the sunlight kisses your cheeks...

 
We remember why it was all worth it.

...

What is your favorite season, and why? Let us know in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or email it to me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com!

...

101 Things: Counting Down


I'm working through my list of books to read. I've gotten several new ones checked off recently, so that's exciting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments