I Belong Here

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Some songs make you feel things. Some songs make you want to jump up and down. Some songs make you smile. Some songs make you nostalgic.

And some songs are all of those.



The second song on The Soundtrack of My Life became one of my favorites after only the first time I heard it.




Every time I hear this song- "You Belong Here," by Leagues- I feel like I could conquer the world. I love how happy this song is. I love that it reminds me that I am wanted and valued.

I struggle a lot with being an outsider. I struggle with the idea that I don't really contribute anything to the world around me or the people in my life. I struggle with the belief that I don't really belong anywhere

I've been reminded so many times over the course of my life that no matter what the voices in my head tell me, I am not worthless. I am not a waste of time. I am not useless. 

I have something valuable to offer the world. I have a perspective as unique as my fingerprint. I am the only Me there will ever be, and I have the chance to make my world a better place because of my existence. 

I, in all of my short-comings and imperfections, have made someone's life better.

If you ever wanted to know that you're wanted
If you ever wanted to know that
If you ever wanted well know that you're wanted
It's something that I need you to know

...

What song always makes you smile? Share it with us in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or you can email me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com!

...

101 Things: Counting Down

I have officially quit biting my fingernails! (#47) I've actually been clipping my fingernails regularly, which is amazing for me because it means that I actually have long fingernails to clip.

You Might Also Like

0 comments