Only If...

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

In the end, we all have to decide what to do with the time that's been given to us.




Today I'm sharing the fourth song on The Soundtrack of My Life.




Our family has this running joke that says everyone has an Enya song that describes their life. That may be an exaggeration, but this song- Only If...- has been my Enya theme song from the moment I first heard it.

We are given a lot of choices in life, and one of the most important choices we ever have to make is simply choosing how we deal with the things we're given.

Sometimes, we can't change our circumstances. We can't always choose to be healthy, or to have more money. We can't always make people stay in our lives as long as we'd like them to, or stop the bad things from happening.

But no matter what happens, and no matter how out-of-control of the situation we may be, we can always choose how we react.

We can choose to become bitter, or we can choose to keep loving. We can choose to see the light in dark circumstances, or we can choose to let the darkness overwhelm us. We can choose to find beauty in the world, or we can choose only to see the ugliness.

Life is what we make it.

The only question that remains is... what will we make it?

And for the broken hearts
There is the sky
And for tomorrow are
Those who can fly

...

What is one way your outlook has affected how you've dealt with difficult circumstances? Share your story with us in the comment section below, over on my Facebook page, or you can email it to me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com.

...

101 Things: Counting Down

I need to re-count how many cranes I've got to see how many I still have left.

You Might Also Like

0 comments