To Anyone Who's Hit Their Limit...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Life sure can be exhausting sometimes...





The third song on The Soundtrack of My Life is a song that has been my go-to when I'm having a difficult day.



For KING & COUNTRY is one of all-time favorite bands, and their most recent album (Run Wild. Live Free. Love Strong.) seemed as though they could have written it for me.

This song- "It's Not Over Yet"- has helped me through so many of the difficult days in my struggle with chronic illness. It's very easy to get discouraged when it seems as though everything you valued is being torn away from you.

But this isn't all there is. There will be good days and bad days, and sometimes there will be more bad days than good days

But that doesn't mean my life is over. 

I still have a future. I still have something to contribute to the world. I can still make a difference in spite of (and even because of!) my illness.

To everyone who's hit their limit
It's not over yet
And even when you think you're finished
It's not over yet

...

What has kept you going through the difficult times in life? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or you can email me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com.

...

101 Things: Counting Down

I've decided to do a bit of revision on my Bucket List (because I'm in charge and I can do that), and #93 is now "Have a photo shoot with someone outside of my family." And I'll hopefully be checking that one off quite soon!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What keeps me going when things get tough? I don't give it much thought until that next trial hits... and I'm there now. Hubby needs to have quadrupule bypass surgery. This. Week. First my heart (my literal heart) feels like a stone in my chest, making it a little harder to breathe and a lot harder to think clearly. But before any of the fear-filled thoughts can take root, none other than the Holy Spirit (it couldn't be anyone else) brings thoughts of hope, words of encouragement, people happy to serve and help, prayer warriors, and music that hits the spot: "Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side, bear patiently the cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change He faithful will remain." Thank you, Anastasia, for giving me a moment to reflect on this, and for using your struggles to help others deal with theirs.

    ReplyDelete