The Product of My Boredom

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen." -John Steinbeck

Wowzers! My first ever blog post. Just a second- I have to take a moment and let this sink in a little bit...

OK, I'm done. No wait...

Now I'm done!

Since I've finished reveling in the experience, I'm stuck with trying to decide what I should say. There are so many ways I could take this post. I could ramble on about my usually-amazing-incredibly-crazy life. I could crack some jokes, protest the misconception that rain will make you sick, whine about my soar throat, gripe about the weather, or even mention a Blimey Cow video or two. (For those of you who live with me, I apologize for the fact that I don't appear to be capable of carrying on a conversation without mentioning Sherlock, Blimey Cow, or Artemis Fowl at least once. I can't help it. I may not have a one-track mind, but all my tracks seem to have at least one of those three...)

I don't think I'll do any of that, though. I'll save those brilliant ideas for a later date. Instead, I think I'll tell you just why I made this blog. There were a couple reasons, actually.

One reason was boredom. Yes, you heard right! I. Was. Bored. (Not that that happens often...) So I decided to take my boredom out on the internet, and create a blog. It's a semi-productive use of my boredom. I'm harnessing all of this potential energy (you know, the energy it takes to not be bored) and putting it to good... well, to use. If nothing else, I've knocked off another one of my goals for the year.

Which brings me to the other reason I created this blog. In January, I made a list of 13 things I wanted to accomplish in 2013. One of those just-so-happened to be -guess what?!?!- creating a blog. (Bet you didn't see that one coming...) I've always thought the idea of writing weird little posts about what goes on in my head sounded pretty fun. I mean, what's not to like? I love to write, and I have way more to say then most people would guess. Here, I can do both! And people can choose whether or not they actually want to listen. It's a win-win situation

There you go. The product of my boredom. Hopefully you're still awake... And hopefully my next post will be more interesting.

You Might Also Like

0 comments