Almost 200 Views, But...

Thursday, April 25, 2013

"[This] scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love." -Steve Maraboli

Today has been a fairly crazy day. I went to babysit a little friend of mine around 10:30-ish, and I finished up around 6:30. People say eight hours is a long time to babysit. I agree with that. But you know, it's a lot of fun anyways- bloody noses and all. I really love getting to watch my little friend grow up. I love being a part of his week, and I love hearing him tell me we'll get married one day. (I love you too, Baby Josh!)  

Other than babysitting, I haven't done a whole lot this week that I really care to share on here. Mostly because it's uninteresting, but partly because I have something better.

This past weekend, I was able to attend a Girls Of Grace conference. It was an amazing experience, and any of you girls out there, I definitely suggest it! I will admit that one of the biggest reasons I wanted to go was For King & Country. (Can I just say, wow!) However, I think I would have enjoyed it without their performance, and I'm sure you would, too. (At least you'd better!)

Anyway, it was a really neat event. I got to hear a lot of people speak about various stuff. Some of the messages are a little fuzzy now (almost a week later), but one speaker in particular really stuck with me. Her name was Constance Rhodes. She was the first speaker of the day, and she was talking about how you are more than a number. We have lots of numbers all over the place, and most of the time they're good things. They help us tell time, order things, charge people absurd amounts of money for stuff, etc. etc. etc. 

But we have a tendency to take things a step further. Instead of just letting numbers help us, we let them define us. We think our weight, our age, our height, make us who we are. That they define our beauty.

But you know what? You are more than a number. Because there is only one you, and you were made by only one God. So next time you're tempted to let numbers take over your life- your weight, the number of Facebook friends you have, whatever- just remember that you are more than a number.

My blog has almost 200 views. But you know what? I am more than a number...

You Might Also Like

0 comments