A New Obsession

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

"A painter paints pictures on canvas, but musicians paint pictures on silence." -Leopold Stokowski

I'm a pretty strage person. I get obsessed with something, and for about three weeks, I can hardly talk about anything else. After my three weeks has run out, I find something else to obsess over, and move on to that. Gradually the past obsession fades away, and this new one takes over. It's a very strange cycle. 

A while back (click HERE), I posted that I was obsessed with Sherlock, Blimey Cow, and Artemis Fowl. Now, however, my obsession with Artemis Fowl is finally on its decline. Sure, I still like the books a lot, but I don't end up talking about them at least once a day. Sherlock, too, is slowly but surely dwindling out of my conversations. (That might be about to change, though, as I have finally heard that they started filming Season Three!!!) Blimey Cow, on the other hand, is still an obsession. It's Blimey Cow! What else is there to say???

Anyways, lately I've become obsessed with something else... The Piano Guys. Have you heard of The Piano Guys? If you haven't, you're missing out! About a hear ago, I first saw one of their videos, and went and watched all of the ones available. However, I soon exhausted new videos of theirs to watch, things got busy, and I just sort of forgot about them. Day before yesterday, out of the blue, I decided I needed to go look them up again.

Boy oh boy had I been missing out!!!

I had forgotten just how AMAZING they are. Some of their music is funny, and some of it is more serious and thoughtful.

Now, it would be impossible for me to pick a favorite, because they're all so good! So, instead of putting myself through that kind of misery, I'm just going to attach a bunch on here! And you get to decide which ones you want to listen to. (Of course, you should make it your goal to see them all, but surely this will pique your interest.)


This one is "Me and My Cello", an epic story about a man and his (you guessed it) cello!


Only The Piano Guys could make this song worthwhile... Be sure to keep your eyes glued to the screen to get the full effect! Especially great for anyone who plays the piano.


Epic spy music!


OK, last one! (Though I would happily post every single one of these guys' videos!) It's amazing to watch and see the many ways he plays the cello.

Well, there you go. My latest obsession...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ana, I totally understand your obsession with The Piano Guys! I think I have mentally choreographed a dance to every song I have heard by them. Their musical talent is super impressive.

    By the way, I love your blog :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. mental choreography. Of course, I wouldn't know ANYONE else who does that!... *Kharis*...

      Delete