This Is Home!!!

Monday, May 27, 2013

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it." -George Augustus Moore

Whew! Why is it that car rides can be so exhausting, when it's three hours of sitting doing nothing??? I've always wondered that... (If you have a good answer, be sure to let me know!)

 I have just returned from an amazing, exciting, and yet exhausting weekend. (And yes, we did more than ride in the car.)

I went with a friend and her family out to their ranch-ish thingy. I'm not really sure what to call it, so we'll just stick with ranch. It was a lot of fun, and we spent a lot of time outside. (Thankfully I'm not too sunburned.)

I learned how to drive a golf cart, how to hold on when your friend's eleven year old brother drives the golf cart. I learned how not to panic when you think you're about to be chased by a bull cow, and how to tell the difference between an arrowhead and a pointy rock.

It's been a productive weekend!

Not to mention, FUN!!! 

Leaving was a bittersweet thing. On the one hand, I was kinda looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again. On the other hand, being out in the middle of nowhere- just us, God, and nature- was amazing. So quiet and peaceful. I was definitely sad to go.

We drove home (about three hours of working on an absurd, collaborative story, singing silly songs, and talking), and each mile closer we got to home, was a mile farther from the ranch. Soon enough, we were home.  

Perhaps one of the best feelings in the world, is the feeling of coming home again, straight into a hug from your daddy. Amazing!!! I don't understand why some teenagers don't like getting hugged by their parents. I hope I always get hugs from my mommy and daddy! (And you're never too old to say "mommy" and "daddy", either.)

I guess all of this is to say, there really is no place like home...

(I'm experimenting with putting videos in my posts... Hopefully this works out alright!)
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments