May Is For Moms-

Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Very few writers thank their mothers for keen editorial insight. I'm proud to be the exception." -Rebecca Mekkai

 May is the month for moms. And I think they really deserve it.

So, in honor of May, my Mommy, and mothers everywhere, I have decided to do a special addition post about moms. Each day or so until May 12th (which just-so-happens to be Mother's Day), I will add onto this post. Hopefully, by Mother's Day, it will be a really long and awesome post dedicated to my mom and mothers everywhere. So... have a wonderful time reading this super long post!

______

April 30th, 2013

One of the things I want to do is tell you about my mom and what makes her so amazing. To do that, you need to know a little bit about our family.

First of all, I am the second out of five siblings. I have three sisters, and a brother. (Poor little guy!) My oldest sibling is sixteen. She's amazing, but we're not really here to talk about her. I am, as I have previously stated, fourteen. My next sibling is an eight year-old sister. My one-and-only brother is six, and last but not least, my littlest sister is nine months old. As I'm sure you can tell, my mom has her hands full. (And believe me, we are a handful!)

I think I forgot to mention that she is also a stay-at-home mom. She homeschools all of us except my littlest sister, who is obviously too young for schoolwork. I've been homeschooled pretty much my whole life. I was technically in a public school for a few years when I did an online school that was connected to the state system, but I don't think anyone except the state considers that public schooling.

I really appreciate the fact the my mom decided to homeschool me. I love getting to be a big part of my school planning, and having a lot of control over what I do. I love being able to sleep in (nearly) as late as I want. I love getting to miss out on all that bullying, and other stuff that goes on at a public school.

And I love that, in spite of being homeschooled, I never feel like I'm missing out on anything. I'm not old enough for prom yet, nor do I have a date, but my mom offered to create a prom setting for my older sister and her date (plus a few friends) if they so wished. She has taken us on field trips that, I think, could rival those of a public school. She has done a lot to make my school years the best they can be- both academically and extra-curricularly. (Is that even a word???)

Thank you so much, Mommy!  

______

May 1st, 2013 

All of you teens out there who have been blessed with moms, this part of the post is for you, too. 
It seems like so much these days, teens don't tell their moms "I love you" enough. Since when did loving your mom go out of style??? I should hate to see the day when loving your teen goes out style! (I should think you would too, anyone who's mom or dad graciously allows you to reside in their house!)
And hugs- what happened to those? Did they go extinct? Why is it suddenly embarrassing to be seen hugging your mom? What kind of idiot decided that once you reach the annoying- I mean, amazing age of 13, you should no longer hug or be seen in public with your mom?

So teens, I challenge you to just go do something nice for your Mommy this week. Tell her "I love you", take her on a nice date (or watch your younger siblings so she can go without you!), or even just give her a hug! I bet she would like that a lot. And maybe, while you're at it, put away the phone (or computer, or Kindle, or whatever), and just have a nice conversation with your mom. She wants to know what's going on in your life. Maybe you think it's nosy, but it's just because she loves you. (And I bet you'll want the exact same thing when you're a mom.)

Well, now that I'm done with my little tirade, I feel like I ought to keep you updated on my mad search for a Mother's Day present. I really want to do something special for my Mommy this year to let her know how much I love her. I understand that gifts aren't really the only way of doing that, but I do want to give her something nice. I'm thinking I'll crochet something, as well as write her a poem.

So, I guess that means I should go get started on that instead of writing about it...

______
  
May 3rd, 2013

Well, I finally decided what I would give my mom for Mother's Day- an Amazon gift card. She gives me so much, and rarely gets to buy anything for herself. This way, she can get some nice book for her Kindle, or anything else she wants. I think I'll crochet a little envelope to put it in. And of course, a nice letter. (For anyone who doesn't know, I love writing and receiving letters!)

As we get closer to Mother's Day, I've really been thinking about my mom. About all of the things she does for me. It's amazing how much she really does. How much she deals with.
______ 

May 10th, 2013

Well it's been a pretty busy week. A lot of stuff has happened, and because of that, I haven't really had as much time as I'd have liked to work on this post. 

I guess I just wanted to say something in case I don't have time to say it before Sunday- I love you, Mommy. You're amazing, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. I love the fact that you ask about me, even if sometimes it seems a little odd. I love the fact that you are always supportive of me. I appreciate the fact that you answer all of my strange questions. (At least, the best you can.) I'm so happy that you and Daddy are still together and going on dates for your anniversary. (Happy anniversary, by the way!)

I guess what I just want to say is thank you- for being my Mommy. I love you so much!
 ______

May 11th

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, so I decided to add one last post before it gets published.

 I don't really have all that much to say except this- all of you who have mothers should give them a hug, today. If you can't give them a hug in person send them a card, or call them up to say I love you. Superheros don't wear capes. Mothers are superheros.

I love you Mommy!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I posted a comment and it got lost somewhere in internet-land, so I am posting it again. I love you, sweet girl! You are so very precious to me, and being your mom is one of the best gifts God gave me. Thank you for making mom-hood a fabulous place to be:)

    ReplyDelete