An HONEST Year In Review

Friday, January 02, 2015

Dear Readers,

I can hardly believe it, but 2014 has come to a close.  And you know what that means....




A lot has happened this past year, and I just want to share a few highlights. After all, what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't create a Year In Review? 

You see, 2014 was full of great things, for me! I henna-dyed my hair for the first time, turned fifteen, and had Brant Hansen play me "Happy Birthday" on his whistle. I survived a dance convention, auditioned for my first musical, and had "lead" roles in two plays. 




This year, I visited Branson, Missouri and toured my dream college. I started my junior year of high-school, played Halo for the first time, and got interested in photography. My older sister turned eighteen, graduated high-school, and got engaged. My younger siblings celebrated their tenth, eighth, and second birthdays.



This year, I discovered (and became passionate about) minimalism, had a "Packing Party", and got rid of the excess stuff I'd accumulated over the years. I wrote my 100th blog post, participated in 31 Days, and came up with a "blogging schedule" that works for me. I got a video camera for Christmas, made plans to start vlogging, and created a Bucket List for 2015.





This year, I finally began to accept who I actually am instead of trying to be who I think others want me to be. I learned my personality type and discovered that there are other people out there who think the way I do. I realized that I'm allowed (and intended!) to love who I am, and now I'm figuring out how to do that.




There are so many ways I've been blessed this year, and in this post, I've only just scratched the surface. I'm so excited to see what God does in my life during 2015!!!

But you know what? I need to be honest with you... Not everything in 2014 was as great as the stuff I just shared.




In fact, in a lot of ways, 2014 has been the hardest year of my life.

I was diagnosed with a second chronic illness this past June, and have spent the better part of the year just trying to figure out how to make things work. I messed up my knee multiple times, felt like an idiot on more occasions than I can count, and let down more people in this year alone than in the entire rest of my life combined.

That, plus my on-again-off-again relationship with crutches, my dwindling amount of energy, and having a sleep-cycle about as good as a car that doesn't run, means I've had more to overcome than I ever thought I could.

As the year was coming to a close, the only thing I could think about it was "Thank goodness it's over!"

I know many of us have had years like that- whether it was this year or one past. Years that we're just so glad to see leaving. Years we are beyond ready to move on from.

And it's easy to look at everyone else's "perfect" Year In Review, then look at our own messy year and just feel so... alone.

That's why I'm sharing my honest Year In Review with you: to remind you that you're not alone. To remind you that no matter how bad your year has been... it's OK. There's another, completely empty, completely perfect year ahead... waiting for you.





Happy New Year!!!


...

What does your Year in Review look like? Share it with us in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or you can email it to us at anastasiarosewrite@gmail.com!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow! You've been a busy girl. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. Praying for strength for you, but especially healing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure my "Year I Never Want to Repeat" came at about your age. It's all kind of become hazy now, so I can't remember exactly how old I was. (But that's comforting, right? It takes less than 10 years for your unhappiest year to start getting fuzzy). Still, I have had a couple worse years since then that I would trade for the world. Because those difficulties were major turning points in my life, as I know yours have been for you.

    God knows what He's doing. Every single time. And who knows what amazing things could come out of what you've discovered this year? I'm excited to find out. ;) Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I really appreciate your honesty to share the good and the bad. It shows you are real and open. What great qualities. My very quick honest year in review would be: Good: trip to Israel, asked to speak at a women's business event, completed the write31days in Oct, had a story published in a book. Not so good: gallbladder attack that needed surgery but insurance would not pay for, my young adult daughter got divorced after 3 years of marriage, our business lost money. Uugh. I'm not so sure I can write a whole post being that honest. But it was great to read yours. You are an inspiration! Blessings on your year!

    ReplyDelete