Little By Little...

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

We're only two weeks into January, but there are already a lot of broken New Year's Resolutions...


It probably sounds harsh, but it's true- resolutions are notoriously difficult to keep, and very few people see them through to December. Once the hype has worn off and "real life' sets in, whatever goals we've set for ourselves are forced to take a backseat to the other demands of life.

And it's easy to look at those broken promises as just another failure. We get discouraged at our inability to follow through, or we simply choose not to set them at all in anticipation of failure.

I'm guilty of both of those, myself. And not just when it comes to Resolutions. I'm the type of person who hates anyone to see me "failing." So I either sit back until I feel confident in my ability to not fail, or if I do happen to fail while someone else is looking, it can completely set me off from ever trying again.

But this is something about myself that I am working really hard to improve, and I definitely have the opportunity to do that with my 101 Things in 2015.

Because you see, as much as I would like to tell you that I'm exactly where I want to be with it, that just wouldn't be true. I've missed several days on my photography challenge, I'm behind on my Bible Reading plan, and I still haven't bought the origami paper to start on my cranes! 

You see, I tend to be really critical of other people, but there's no one I criticize more than myself. When things go wrong- I let someone down or mess something up- my first inclination is to get frustrated at my lack of ability to be perfect.

But then I remember...

God still loves me, so I should love me, too.

It doesn't matter that I've messed up... What matters is how I deal with it. I can choose to learn from it, or I can choose to be destroyed by it.

So if your 2015 isn't going as well as you'd hoped, allow me to be the one to remind you that you. are. more. A great author once said-

"Little by little, one travels far."

Every day, we take it one step at a time. Things will happen, and oftentimes it won't be what we'd planned. But no matter what: we can't stop, we can't look back, and we can't give up.

...


How do you tend to react to "failure?" What advice would you give to someone who is "failing" at their New Year Resolutions? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or send it to me at anastasiarosewrites[@]gmail[.]com!

...

101 Things: Counting Down

This weekend, I went through the list of 100 books everyone should read, and checked off all of the books I've already read. Now I can get started with the others. It looks like I've got 78 to go... Best get reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments