Why My Blog Has No Plans

Monday, January 05, 2015

Well, it's 2015, and now that I've finished looking back on last year, it's time to look forward at what's to come...

I've spent the past few weeks trying to decide what I wanted for my blog during this new year, and I'll admit, it's been hard to pin-point exactly what I'm hoping for. I've been trying to plan out my blogging year, and it just hasn't come together the way I'd have liked it to.

At first, I couldn't figure out why.

And then it hit me...

Maybe this time, I'm not supposed to plan. 

I've always been one of those people who likes to know what's going to happen next. I like for there to be a plan, and I like to know what the plan is. I want to be prepared for every eventuality, and knowing where we're going certainly helps. In the end, it makes me feel safe.

But this blogging year, I feel it's important to leave myself open to whatever God has in store for me- whether it means doing something I already hope to do, or something completely new.

Sometimes, we have to just let go of our fear of the unknown and allow God to have full control. He does a better job than any of us ever could.

Now, in spite of making no long-term plans for 2015, there are a few things happening around here that I can tell you about.

First off, after much deliberation, I have decided that, starting next week, I'll be doing blog posts every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

When I originally created my blogging schedule, I had a class that met every Tuesday and Thursday. My schedule has since changed, and starting this month, I have classes every Monday and Wednesday.

I know myself really well, and I know that attempting to publish a blog post on my two busiest days of the week just wouldn't work for me. So instead of setting myself up for failure and frustration, I'm just going to switch over to something that works better for me. 

The type of posts are also being switched around a bit. Tuesday will now be Project Tuesday- in which I share about whatever current project I'm working on, Thursday will be Inspirational Thursday- in which I post something inspirational to get you through the end of the week, and Saturday is reserved for posting about whatever's on my mind at the time.

 I honestly do not know what else this year has in store for me as far as blogging goes. All I know is that it's going to be amazing, and I'm so excited you'll be joining me!

...

What are you most looking forward to about this year? Share your thoughts with me in the comment section below, over at my Facebook page, or email it to me at anastasiarosewrites@gmail.com.

...

101 Things: Counting Down

And now you're seeing my other addition to the blog! Since I decided to share my Bucket List of 101 Things in 2015, I want to make sure I keep all of my readers (that's you!) updated on how I'm doing with it. At the end of every post, I'll include a little snippet of what I've been able to tick off my list, and anything interesting about the experience.

I counted off my first one this past weekend, when I started my Gratitude Journal. (#84 on the list.) Not too much to share about this one, but since I started, I've been keeping up with writing down three things I'm thankful for every day.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this post because I, too, am a planner so I get wanting to know how things are supposed to look and planning for them.

    That being said, I also think it is important to be open to God's leading. If we plan too much, we don't leave room for Him to work in our lives.

    You are a wise young woman! Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you and yours have a blessed New Year! ~Heather @ My Overflowing Cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your NON-PLAN is a fabulous plan! It gives focus and keeps a blogger on task! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete