Why I Keep Going

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

 This is Day 7 of a 31 Day writing challenge. To read more about my 31 Days series and to catch up on any posts you've missed, be sure to check out my post 31 Days of INSPIRE!





It's hard to believe, but we're already one full week into 31 Days of INSPIRE!

Forcing myself to sit down and generate some sort of content every single day has been... difficult.

I'm generally one of those people who only blogs every once in a while. A few times a month, usually. You know- when I feel like it. And let's be honest, I don't always feel like it. 

Some days, I just don't feel inspired. 

On days such as those, I ask myself... why am I doing this, again?

 Is it for the views? Because if so, there's really no point. People come and go. They drift away. They unsubscribe. They get disinterested. 

Is it for the prestige? Because once again, if that's my only reason for doing this, I might as well quit now. Let's face it, fame is always short-lived. (There's a reason they say "ten seconds of fame"...)

But that's not why I'm doing this.

I'm not doing it to get famous. I'm not doing it just so I can be seen by more people. I'm not doing this because I feel it will somehow make my blog better.

Why am I doing it?

Because I want to encourage people.

I want to remind them that there is a reason to keep going. I want them to know that there's always hope. That they're never too small to make a difference. I want them to know that they matter.

You matter.

Even if just one person were to see these posts and feel encouraged, it would be worth it. Even if I could only make a difference in one person's life, it would be worth it.

And that's why I keep going. That's why I haven't quit yet.

Because I am holding onto the hope that someone out there needs to see this. Someone needs a little bit of hope.

And I am trusting that God will lead them here.

...

And for my question of the day- what motivates you to keep going?

You Might Also Like

0 comments